Sunday 9 October 2016

Colourpop 'foxy' ultra matte lip review

Hi all!,

This week I am writing about my recent purchase of the Colourpop foxy collection of 5 stunning mini ultra matte liquid lipsticks. 
First up as always a bit about the brand!
ColourPop was born, raised and made with love in the City of Angels. Founded in 2014 by Seed Beauty, they pride themselves on being wallet friendly and bunny approved.
Colourpop's products are tested in the nicest way possible, leaving fur babies to be fur babies and experimenting on people instead (the people at ColourPop HQ to be exact!). 

Beeper- warm mid-tone taupe
Clueless- dusty mauve pink
Tulle- dusty mauve burgundy
Creeper- true classic blue red
More Better- deep violet wine
If you would love to check out the colourpop website click here. They have amazing swatches of this collection on different skin tones, they are all so flattering!

Application tips
Make sure your lips are bare, dry, and exfoliated for the smoothest finish. Apply a matching lip pencil for a precise and perfected application. Next, apply Ultra Matte Lip with the applicator or your favorite lip brush. It's suggested to store these babies upright and shake before application!
This thin and lightweight formula glides onto the lips leaving SUPER intense colour with a bold, ultra matte finish. It's very long wearing and completely kiss proof!
So these are they first lip products/any products I have purchased from Colourpop. I have very much enjoyed them so far but for sure have to be in the right mood. I find that if my lips are even a tad dry that I cannot handle having these on, but that goes for any matte lip product. 

These I purchased without any lip liners (I have since purchased matching lip liners) and I can apply them reasonably ok without lip liner's but it is difficult and is not overly neat, it would be better with lip liners!. Since purchasing a few liners I have not actually applied these again ( But I will). To be honest everyone, I have purchased so so many lip products lately that I am struggling to go through them all on rotation to try....that sounds just awful! Do you have that problem to??!?
They do dry to a complete matte and are transfer proof, they will last all day through food and drink if you want them to . I personally cannot wear matte lipsticks for a 8 hour work day because I am talking so so much in my job it just starts to get uncomfortable for me. 
I love the intense pigment of the colour of these and cannot wait to try out the rest of the range of satin lips, glossy lips, and more matte lips plus all of the liners that I have recently purchased. 
Have you got this collection or other colourpop products? Let me know down below if you have or anything else you might suggest! I would so love to hear from you and get some response of your thoughts, also like this post if you would love to see more Colourpop!
xo
Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment